Wednesday, January 27, 2010

You want a piece of me?

I was just sitting at dinner, taking a break from steak for a night and having a pizza when a fight broke out.  Not a free for all, but a fist fight between to young guys literally in the middle of the street.  One guy was shirtless + pretty buff and the other was taller + didn't look like he was in great shape.  They circled each other for a while, like Popeye and Bluto, dodging the taxis and cars that drove by stupefied.  All the waiters and passer bys stopped to see if it was serious. After a few missed punches and connected kicks everyone saw that indeed, it was, but noone was terribly eager to stop it.    As with most fights, they ended up on the ground wrestling + their friends finally jumped in to stop it.  The shirtless guy who started it and clearly the more angry of the two, lost the fight as he was exhausted afterwards and couldn't stand. 

Of course, the one night I don't take my camera out something interesting happens, or else I'd have footage.  It occurred to me that in the US I would have gotten out of there for fear of a knife or gun.  Argentina is no Canada (they have their share of violent history) but given the reaction of all watching, nobody seemed to be too worried. 

All this violence got me thinking, of course, about Lost.  I cannot contain my excitement + this and various other theories about the show will be the topic for next time...

2 comments:

  1. fabi is looking forward to reading your theories on LOST .. i'll translate best i can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post is worthless without pics.... ;)

    ReplyDelete